Home > Products > Platform
Increase your understanding of shopper behavior with extensive in-store analytics.
The leader in real-time store monitoring, RetailNext enables retailers and manufacturers to collect, analyze, and visualize in-store data. The company uses best-in-class video analytics, on-shelf sensors, point-of-sale systems, and other sources to automatically inform retailers about how shoppers engage with their stores—providing operations executives with the insights needed to grow same-store sales by 20% or more. RetailNext tracks more than 400 million shoppers per year by collecting data from more than 20,000 sensors in stores, capturing and analyzing trillions of data points annually.
More than fifty retail chains use RetailNext to improve the bottom line by increasing sales, reducing theft, cutting costs, and creating a better shopping experience. By replacing multiple point solutions with a single, integrated in-store analytics platform, RetailNext customers save capital expenditure costs and reduce their maintenance overhead for systems in their stores.
How it works
RetailNext gathers and correlates a broad set of information from the most diverse available data sources inside your store. It presents this information in your choice of useful formats to directly enable you to discover and implement opportunities to improve your stores’ profitability.
Any number of employees can access measured results through a variety of interfaces including a best-of-breed web dashboard, customizable scheduled reports, the RetailNext mobile application, database file outputs, real-time alerts, and more. RetailNext makes it possible to answer the critical questions that drive your business success, questions like:
- Are shoppers engaged?
- Are my offers working?
- Which messages sell best?
- What is my optimal store layout?
- Which fixtures and furniture are most effective?
- How do I set staff schedules to maximize sales?
- Does shopper behavior vary by store location?
Supported input sources
RetailNext accepts the broadest variety of input sources, giving you the most comprehensive picture of shopper behavior inside your store. Potential input sources include:
- Purpose-installed video cameras, in mono or stereo format
- Existing LP video cameras, digital or analog
- POS systems
- Time-and-attendance systems
- Wi-Fi tracking devices for employee identification
- Staffing software
- Smart shelf sensors
- External sources such as promotional calendars or weather reports
- Any source that can export data in standard format using an API or automatic scheduled output
RetailNext offers a broad variety of options for viewing your data:
- Flexible, robust web dashboard
- Customizable automatic reports sent directly to your inbox
- Heat maps of customer movement throughout the store
- Mobile application for iOS and Android devices
- Pre-defined alerts
- Export to CSV format for use in Excel or other applications
- API integration with third party applications
The RetailNext web dashboard
RetailNext comes with a versatile interface that you can access from your standard web browser. This analytics console lets you view key metrics to a very fine level of granularity, making the information you need easily available in the form that works best for you.
- View data by region or store-by-store
- Choose from bar charts, pie charts, line graphs, tabular data, and more
- Measure traffic, engagement, and conversion by store or by area of store
- Compare staffing to traffic and conversion
- Integrate store layouts and SKUs into results
- Access timelines of video events by store or by camera
- Instantly view video of selected events
- Include average lines in appropriate views
- Search on any criteria in the system, including advanced search and saved queries
- Access from anywhere with credential-based controls
- Enjoy these features and more at no extra charge beyond your base license
RetailNext has a robust reporting engine designed to give you the information you need in the form you want to see it.
- Automatically generate reports distributed to the e-mail addresses you specify
- Schedule reports for daily, weekly, or monthly distribution
- Report for any time period including hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, week-to-date, month-to-date, and season-to-date
- View results by store, region, or store type
- Specify content using virtually any metric in the system, including shopper traffic, transactions, returns, conversion, sales, AUR, and much more
- Show year-over-year results
- Add automatic weather information for each store
- Report separately on comp vs. non-comp stores
- Highlight poor performing stores automatically
- Compare staffing to performance, all the way down to the individual employee level
- Export to a variety of file formats including Excel and PDF
- Receive real-time alerts for specified events
- Define alerting conditions, including POS exceptions and traffic and queuing thresholds
- Send alerts to pagers, in-store messaging systems, and even smart phones
- Integration with third-party alerting applications is possible
Highly flexible to fit your needs
- RetailNext can be configured to match the specific requirements of your situation – and can be modified over time as your analytics needs progress and grow. You choose the specific analytics types and input sources you need and add new capabilities at any time.
- Scalable for any size enterprise, from five stores to five thousand
- Works with all known digital and analog cameras
- Compatible with all store sizes and form factors, including kiosks
- Accepts data from any information source that supports API access or structured data output
- Integrates with third-party applications through API access
- Professional analytics team available for deeper investigation into important business questions
- Hosted and in-premise options available