Home > Solutions > People Counting
More than just door counting. Highly accurate measurement of visitors throughout the store.
RetailNext is a full-featured analytics platform that enables you to thoroughly measure and understand shopper behavior inside your store – and how the decisions you make affect actual sales. A critical subset of full in-store analytics is traffic and conversion, also known as people counting.
Years ago retailers seeking to collect traffic and conversion metrics had no choice but to purchase standalone traffic counting products. But purchasing an isolated point solution to provide this one narrow set of functionality is inefficient in terms of cost, installation, and maintenance. Furthermore, by keeping this kind of information in silos, these point solutions prevent the deeper insights that can come from combining and comparing data across multiple sources. As more and more retailers seek to execute true omnichannel strategies, comprehensive in-store analytics is essential to fully understanding your business.
Fortunately, RetailNext is a full-featured in-store analytics platform offering complete capabilities to measure traffic and conversion standard with each installation. And because RetailNext is the most robust in-store measurement solution available, you can combine these key metrics with other critical intelligence to optimize your stores better than otherwise possible.
- Industry-leading accuracy
- Automatic calculation of conversion rates by chain, store, and region for any time period
- Measurement of conversion rates aggregated by day of week, hour of day, or month of year
- Access to video for any time period, enabling human auditing of results and ad hoc viewing
- Instant access to metrics for any set of stores, from the entire chain down to individual locations
- Demographic recognition to distinguish male and female shoppers
- Employee removal from counts with purpose specific tags
- Traffic-to-staff comparison possible through integration with staffing or time & attendance systems
- Automatic, customizable reports sent to your inbox
- Instant alerts based on predefined criteria
- Integration with third-party messaging and alerting systems
- Web-based console with credential-controlled access available from anywhere
- Mobile access to store metrics and video through iOS and Andriod devices
People counting can help your business in these ways:
STORE BENCHMARKING. By calculating and comparing conversion rates for all stores, retailers can identify norms, trends, and outliers in conversion. This information is then usable in a number of ways. For example, you can discover your lowest performing stores and target them for training or support programs to bring conversion rates up. Or alternatively you can identify the highest performing stores and investigate them for best practices to deploy across the entire organization. Either way, RetailNext can serve as your accountability tool to track KPIs at the store or district level.
MEASURING MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS. In the past retail marketing departments could only measure the effectiveness of campaigns based on actual sales results, in the process losing a great deal of information that could help maximize marketing ROI. By understanding the path to purchase more completely, retailers gain deeper insight into why campaigns are effective or not, making more efficient marketing programs possible.
STAFFING OPTIMIZATION. RetailNext can show you the traffic cyclicality you experience throughout the day, week, and year. Understanding your optimized customer-to-staff ratio enables you to provide service appropriate to your business model, ultimately contributing directly to maximum profitable conversion. In fact, by correcting misalignment between staffing level and traffic volume, stores often increase conversion without spending additional budget.
LOSS PREVENTION. POS integration allows for exception reporting from transactional data combined with watermarked digital video in one comprehensive system. Mobile real-time alerts are even available for proactive management of key factors.
Easy to implement and broadly compatible
- Supports all popular in-store IP or analog video cameras, including previously installed security cameras
- Available for stores of all sizes and form factors
- Scalable to any size chain, from five stores to five thousand
- Works with doorways of all widths, including open mall entrances
- Able to measure traffic and conversion for store-within-a-store concepts, departments, and kiosks
- Minimal in-store footprint required; hosted solution available